Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wheelock Chapter 29: Result Clauses

Without a question, the most amazing way to learn about result clauses is to think of them in terms of "your mom" jokes. For real. The grammar terminology gets old fast, and it's so unnecessary, when instead of thinking in terms of superlatives and adjectives of degree, to think about it like:

Tua mater est ita ingens ut ea neccet files.


For the majority of my day, I made these jokes. It never gets old. For instance, as I bought my lunch today at a cafe, I informed a classmate that her mother was so fat that monsters were scared of her. In literature class, I wrote that my essay was so terrible that the teacher was angry. I didn't have Latin class, but I more than made up for it by spending the majority of my second period, after failing to locate a friend, writing your mom jokes in my notebook.

2 comments: